Tuesday 17 February 2015

Daadi ke Poode


My grandma was a great cook. Especially her pancakes, or like the way she called them “poode”, were everyone’s favorite. I remember her making them during monsoon or whenever it rained and then all of us, me and my siblings ate them together, sitting on the floor in the balcony enjoying rain. I miss those days and poode.

Below recipe is my variation of what my grandma made, and hence I dedicate this to her.

Ingredients: (Makes 6-7 medium sized Pancakes)
6 Tablespoon Wheat Flour
3 Tablespoon Sugar
8 Tablespoon Milk
1 tablespoon desi ghee
6-8 Tablespoon Water, or as needed.
1 teaspoon ground Fennel Seeds.
½ teaspoon Soda Bicarb

Recipe:
In a bowl, sieve flour, then add sugar, ghee, milk and whisk it.
Add water, 6 tablespoon first, and whisk it.
Consistency of the batter should be runny like a cake batter. If you think the batter is thick add more water and balance the consistency.
Add ground fennel seeds and soda bicarb and whisk it again.
Leave it aside for 15 minutes for soda bicarb to work.

Method to make pancake:

In a non stick pan, heated on a low flame, pour enough batter to make 3 inch round pancake. When nice bubbles or holes appear on the pancake all over, flip it and leave it for around another 5 seconds in the pan and then take it out. Drizzle honey all over and have it warm with a nice glass of milk. It’s a perfect comfort food. J

No comments:

Post a Comment