Saturday 28 February 2015

Zucchini Canapés


So I went for shopping in my nearby vegetable market last week and saw loads of zucchini piled up on every stall. As expected, I instantly bought one not even knowing what I will be doing with it. Anyways I searched over internet to come up with some ideas of recipe using Zucchini as a main ingredient and majorly found zucchini chips on almost every link I clicked. So I started with slicing zucchini, but while slicing idea of zucchini canapés popped in my mind, and here’s the recipe for the same. J

Ingredients:
For Canapés:
1 Zucchini average size, sliced finely in round shape.
1 tablespoon Maida / refined flour
½ teaspoon Semolina
Salt, red chilli powder to taste
¼ teaspoon each garam masala, aamchoor (dried mango powder)..
Pinch of coriander powder.
½ teaspoon dried oregano.

For Salsa:
½ each Onion and Tomato, finely chopped.
Fresh coriander, more the merrier.
¼ teaspoon chaat masala
Oil for deep frying.

Recipe:
For Canapés:
In a bowl spread zucchini slices.
In another bowl mix all dry ingredients/ spices together except chaat masala.
Sprinkle this dry mixture all over zucchini slices, and mix with spatula or hand so that slices get covered in this powder all over.

For Salsa:
Mix together onion tomato coriander and chaat masala. This salsa will be the topping for canapés.

Method:

Now fry the zucchini slices till they are golden brown in colour and crisp from the outside. Take them out and dry the excess oil on kitchen towel. Spread salsa on fried slices and Zucchini Canapés are ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment