Friday 13 February 2015

Kitchannel Revolution


Okay, so I haven’t shared anything for past two days. And that’s because I was thinking on what I should next write about. And while writing my other blog “When did I start cooking” I realized a major part of me getting passionate about cooking was also Television, or more specifically Cookery shows that I grew up watching. Hence, thought of paying a tribute to them with this blog of mine.

There was once a time when Khana Khazana was just a half an hour show, and now it’s a whole 24X7 channel. I remember watching Chef Sanjeev kapoor cooking while I remained glued to the seat for that half an hour. Then another prevalent show from my childhood was Mirch Masala wherein Chef Rakesh Sethi prepared different cuisines and I was left spell bound by all of them. For me it was all magic, how simple things got turned into beautiful and delicious dishes.

Indeed these shows and now whole loads of channels have motivated many people like me to take up cooking seriously. And just not just passionate about cooking, these channels like Food Food, NDTV Good Times have made people more health conscious and made them aware all about healthy food habits. Health bhi taste bhi where Chef Ranveer Brar teaches how different meals of the day can be made healthier is one such show.

They do not cater to housewives any more, but target a whole more lot of population form different ethnicity with shows like Jain Jalsa, Turban Tadka and even different age groups with our own little Masterchef Manuel giving cooking tips in Eat Manuel. Now who wouldn’t like their kids to assist them in preparing meals when it also allows them spending precious time together out of their busy schedules.

Shows like Kifayati Kitchen also keep in mind the fact that everyone doesn’t live lavishly and not have every ingredient available with them all the time. Chef Pankaj comes to rescue and teaches to prepare easy meals with easily available ingredients in the most cost effective way.


I am not at all surprised seeing a sudden increase in cooks everywhere because of this huge inclination towards food channels and have named all of this as Kitchannel Revolution. J

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't even aware of existence of these much cookery shows. Every show have its own uniqueness and you specified it very well not being biased to a particular show. These shows are a boon for busy and working people as well who doesn't know ABC of cooking. in between eagarly waiting for the new recipe from your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True indeed, and thanks for appreciating the post.

      Delete
  3. Well said little chef. Shows like these inspire people like me to cook food inventively.

    ReplyDelete